When it comes to chicken, nothing is more delicious than a piece of crispy and delicious fried chicken. Fried chicken yourself may seem scary, but it’s actually very simple. dwarfing grocery stores and fast-food fried chicken.
If you have an oil thermometer and a timer, you can make trouble-proof fried chicken. If you want to make your own fried chicken, now is the time to give it a try!
Should I use cornstarch? Can I use flour instead?
Corn starch is one of the ingredients we recommend for our crispy fried chicken. Corn starch is often used in Asian fried chicken recipes. The combination of flour and cornstarch leads to the most brittle results.
You can use cornstarch instead of full flour or try using similar gluten-free flour or mixed flour instead of traditional all-purpose flour.
How many minutes do I need to cook fried chicken?
The medium piece of chicken should be fried for 14 minutes. Each piece of chicken will be different, so be sure to cook each piece to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. White meat has a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. While black meat can be cooked to 170-175 degrees Fahrenheit for the best texture.
Read more: Chicken Recipes Cheesecake Factory
Recipe Card: Tasty Fried Chicken RecipesPrint
Tasty Fried Chicken Recipes – When it comes to chicken, nothing is more delicious than a piece of crispy and delicious fried chicken.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce optional
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dredging Mixture
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, hot sauce (optional, for added flavor), salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add in chicken pieces. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, pour the vegetable oil in a skillet until it is about 3/4 inch deep. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the breading by combining the flour, cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt in a gallon sized resealable plastic bag or shallow dish. Mix it thoroughly.
- Working one at a time, remove chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture. Shake it gently to remove the excess. Place it in the breading mix and coat thoroughly. Tap off the excess.
- Place the breaded chicken into the 350 degree oil. Fry 3 or 4 pieces at a time. The chicken will drop the temperature of the oil so keep it as close to 350 degrees as possible. Fry each piece for 14 minutes, turning each piece about half way through, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towels. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 723kcal
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 42g