Stove Grilled Chicken Recipes – one of my favorite chicken breast recipes, and the easiest way to make juicy chicken on the stove. Pan grilled chicken breast is cooked on the stove and it is full of flavor!
Thanks to a simple method, chicken breasts never dry out, are always tender, and delicious. After this recipe, you will notice that making chicken is not the easiest, quick and easy dinner idea.
I have discussed oven-baked chicken breasts and easy-to-cook chicken breasts, but we have not discussed how to use the stove. Except for the time when we introduced Juicy Stuff’s chicken leg method.Print
Stove Grilled Chicken Recipes – one of my favorite chicken breast recipes, and the easiest way to make juicy chicken on the stove.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil, divided
- 4 (1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; use a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels.
- Drizzle just a bit of oil over each chicken breast, or spray with cooking oil, and rub it all over.
- In a small mixing bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and paprika.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with the prepared seasoning; rub it all around.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to the hot skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes without moving them around.
- Flip both chicken breasts over, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet; swirl butter around and continue to cook the chicken for 7 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Cooking time will always depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet; set aside and keep covered.
- Repeat the same method with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- When finished, transfer chicken to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.