This rice stir-fry with turkey gyros is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing!
Rice brings a healthy variety to the table and in combination with turkey and vegetables it is also a real eye-catcher.
The beauty of this simple dish is that you can adapt a lot of it to suit your own taste.
You can of course also use chicken instead of turkey and you also have a free choice of vegetables.
I always think it’s great when I can use up what’s left at home.
This way you waste less food and also save yourself a trip to the supermarket 🙂
It’s really not difficult to cook delicious, airy and fluffy rice at home if you follow a few simple tips.
For many rice dishes in which the rice is fried, you can also use rice from the day before .
This is very suitable because it is already completely cooled and dry.
What is the best way to cook rice?
First of all, the rice should always be washed before cooking .
Regular long-grain rice only needs to be washed once to get rid of starch and dust residue.
To do this, put the rice in a saucepan and fill it with water.
Then you pour the water off again.
You can also put the rice in a sieve and hold it under cold water until the water that runs out at the bottom is no longer cloudy.
To cook rice, use 1 part rice to 1.5 to 2 parts water . Add a pinch of salt to add flavor to the rice.
Basmati rice is an exception . This is best cooked with 1 part rice to 1.5 parts water . Read more Schnitzel casserole with mushroom cream sauce – quick recipe
In total 50 mins
Dish: main course
- 500 g turkey breast
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 teaspoons gyros seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 red onions
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml beef broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
For the rice
- 200 grams of rice
- 1 tsp salt
- Some Styles Of Parsley For Garnish
And that’s how it’s done
- Cut the meat into strips. Mix well with the oil, gyros seasoning, salt and pepper, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and press the garlic.
- Sear the meat in a preheated pan without additional oil. When nicely browned all over, remove and set aside.
- Now add the finely chopped onion, garlic and peppers and the pan and sauté briefly.
- Add the beef broth and let reduce.
- Add the meat back in and season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Add the rice to the pan and mix well. If necessary, season again with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Arrange on plates, garnish with parsley and serve.