My fresh and super delicious egg salad is prepared in a few minutes and is ideal for a quick lunch, picnic snack or sandwich for on the go and in the office.
Egg Salad is easy and beginner-friendly to make and every home cook should have this delicious recipe in their collection.
With egg salad, every gram of an ingredient doesn’t really matter, so feel free to use a little more or less mayonnaise or vary the amounts of the other ingredients as well.
It’s just right when you like it best 🙂
Nevertheless, my simple recipe with easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions offers precise guidance on how this egg salad always works for me and how everyone tastes really good.
Which bread does egg salad taste best on?
The egg salad tastes best on roasted bread rubbed with garlic.
You can also enjoy the egg salad on any other type of bread. Just take the bread you like best.
How do you serve egg salad?
For example, you can serve the egg salad with lettuce and tomato slices on bread of your choice or in a lettuce leaf as a wrap.
Egg salad on a croissant is also very tasty.
What else can you put in egg salad?
- Finely chopped gherkins or gherkins
- Red onions
- cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs
Can you save egg salad?
You can store the egg salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Egg salad doesn’t freeze well, but the good news is that there’s usually nothing left anyway because it’s so tasty and eaten quickly too 🙂
How do you make egg salad?
Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water about 1 cm.
Put a lid on the pot and bring the water to a boil. Then remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Now rinse the eggs under cold water.
Peel the eggs, then cut in half and place the yolks in a bowl.
Finely dice the white parts of the eggs .
Mix the egg yolks together with the mayonnaise and mustard until you have a smooth paste.
Now add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper .
Serve on bread, with lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Other recipe Salmon in puff pastry
Quick Egg Salad
Total time 15 mins
- 7-8 eggs size M
- 120 grams of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard Medium hot
- 1 stick of celery, very finely diced
- 1 spring onion, cut into very fine rings
- ½ garlic clove grated Optional
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce Optional. It also works without.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- A few lettuce leaves and tomato slices to serve on bread.
- bread or toast
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water about 1 cm.
- Put a lid on the pot and bring the water to a boil. Then remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes with the lid closed. deter now.
- Peel the eggs, then cut in half and place the yolks in a bowl.
- Finely dice the white parts of the eggs.
- Mix the egg yolks together with the mayonnaise and mustard until you have a smooth paste.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on bread, with lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
- Enjoy your meal!