Mediterranean Keto Chicken Feta Casserole – If you fancy a tasteful journey to the Mediterranean, this Mediterranean low-carb chicken and feta casserole with tomatoes is the perfect choice!
Tender chicken fillet with spicy feta cheese and delicious, creamy pesto sauce – this is a combination that simply works and is also suitable for the whole family!
Plus, this delicious and easy dinner is (almost) carb-free and ketogenic, with less than 5g of usable carbs per serving!
Mediterranean Keto Chicken Feta Casserole
Prepare 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ingredients for the casserole:
- 400 g chicken inner fillet* 200 g cocktail tomatoes* 100 g feta* 100 g grated cheese for gratinating*
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 100 g cream cheese* 50 ml chicken stock* 1 tbsp red pesto* ¼ tsp salt* ⅛ tsp pepper*
1 tbsp olive oil* 2 garlic cloves fresh basil* (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (top and bottom heat).
400 g chicken inner fillet* , 200 g cherry tomatoes* , 100 g feta* , 2 cloves of garlic
- Cut the chicken and feta into bite-sized pieces and halve the cocktail tomatoes.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Put the ingredients together with the olive oil in a casserole dish* and mix everything well.
Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes while the sauce is being prepared.
100 g cream cheese* , 50 ml chicken stock* , 1 tbsp red pesto* , ¼ tsp salt* , ⅛ tsp pepper*
- About 10 minutes before the chicken timer goes off, place the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat everything over medium-high heat for a few minutes until the cream cheese has melted and a thick sauce has formed.
100 g grated cheese for gratinating*
- After the 20 minutes is up, remove the casserole dish from the oven and pour the sauce over the casserole.
Stir well and then sprinkle the grated cheese over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole again for about 15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- fresh basil* (optional)
- (Optional) Serve the casserole with a few leaves of fresh basil.
- Cover the casserole dish with cling film or transfer the remaining Keto Chicken Feta Casserole to an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- You can put the leftover casserole in a freezer bag or airtight container to freeze it and store it in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
- To thaw, place the casserole in the fridge overnight, then reheat in the oven or microwave.