Meatballs basic recipe are always great. They are super easy to make and everyone really likes them. You can find out how to prepare delicious, juicy meatballs here in my basic meatball recipe with easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions.
Traditionally, meatballs are baked in a pan . It is important that the pan is not too hot and that the meatballs can slowly cook.
If you fry the meatballs too hot, it can happen that they are already cooked and crispy on the outside and still raw on the inside.
As a guide, you should calculate about 15 minutes frying time for meatballs at a low temperature in the pan.
This is how the meatballs are best!
How do you make meatballs in the oven?
In addition to preparation in a pan, preparation in the oven is ideal, especially for larger quantities of meatballs .
For oven patties, you can use the same patty mixture as if you were frying the patties in a pan.
To prepare the meatballs in the oven, you should first preheat it to 200 degrees top and bottom heat.
Then shape the meatballs as usual and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper .
The advantage of the baking paper is that the meatballs do not stick to the baking tray and the baking tray remains largely clean.
Then bake the patties on the middle shelf for about 25 to 30 minutes .
The exact baking time depends on the size of the meatballs and the actual temperature in the oven , and may vary slightly.
If you’re not sure if the patties are done, I recommend taking a patty out of the oven and slicing it open. Read more Cheese and Garlic Bread
preparation 10 mins
cook time 15 mins
rest time 10 mins
In total 35 mins
Dish: main course
- 500 g minced beef or mixed beef.
- 1 senior bun or breadcrumbs.
- 1 onion finely diced.
- 200ml milk _
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove Optional.
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram
- Oil for frying.
- Peel, halve and finely dice the onion.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Optionally, briefly sauté the diced onions in a pan and then allow them to cool.
- Cut the bun into small pieces and soak in milk for a few minutes. Then remove and squeeze out the milk with your hands.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl along with the bun, onions, egg and spices and mix well with your hands.
- Taste and leave for at least 10 minutes. Due to the resting time, the meatballs do not bulge so much when roasting.
- Then knead the meatball mass again with your hands and then form about 6 to 8 meatballs of the same size with moistened hands.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and fry the meatballs for about 15 minutes.
- Turn occasionally.