Marinated Chicken with Roasted Vegetables – Put everything in a mold, put in the oven and bake for an hour. Delicious and, above all, inexpensive. Enjoy your meal!
For the meat:
- 2 chicken quarters 4 tbsp oil 2 tbsp your favorite seasoning (barbecue seasoning, poultry seasoning, roast chicken seasoning or similar)
For the vegetable mix:
- 500 g small potatoes from this year 3 pcs onions 3 pcs tomatoes 3 pcs peppers 100 g bacon cubes 4 cloves of garlic 2 teaspoons tomato paste 4 tablespoons oil 1 Bunch of fresh herbs (marjoram, oregano, rosemary, thyme…) salt, freshly crushed pepper
- Wash the meat, pat dry, drizzle with oil and season. Then put it in a sealable box and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Clean the potatoes (do not peel), cut in half and place in a bowl. Add the oil, tomato paste, sliced garlic and diced bacon. Season with salt and pepper and add some of the finely chopped herbs. Stir well.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish and place the potato halves and the roughly chopped vegetables in between or on top. Place the rest of the herbs on top.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 60 minutes. Then remove the lid and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Turn all components while baking, the meat should be on top at the end so that the chicken gets a crispy, golden brown skin. It is not necessary to pour water or broth over the meat, as the vegetables provide enough liquid.