Low carb salmon fillets in herb cream sauce – This low carb salmon casserole with a creamy herb cream sauce is definitely a sight to behold and you’d think you’d have to be a pro chef to make it – but don’t let that fool you!
In truth, the salmon fillets are super easy and quick to prepare too – just 10 minutes prep, half an hour in the oven and voilà – a delicious and healthy meal for the whole family!
The casserole is also great for a low-carb or keto diet, because one serving has just 2g usable carbohydrates! Stuffed keto peppers
Low carb salmon fillets in herb cream sauce
Prepare 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 500 g frozen salmon fillet 200 ml cream*
- 1 dash white wine 1 tbsp chopped parsley*
- 1 tbsp chopped chives*
- 1/4 tsp salt*
- 1/4 tsp white pepper*
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder*
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum*
Preheat your oven to 180° top and bottom heat.
200 ml cream* , 1 dash of white wine , 1 tbsp chopped parsley* , 1 tbsp chopped chives* , 1/4 tsp salt* , 1/4 tsp white pepper* , 1/4 tsp garlic powder*
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring the cream to a boil.
- Stir frequently while the cream is heating.
1/4 teaspoon xanthan*
- Add the xanthan gum to the sauce and stir thoroughly with a whisk until the sauce has thickened and there are no lumps.
- If you don’t have a whisk or whisk, a small intermediate step can help ensure you won’t find globs of xanthan gum in your finished sauce.
- To do this, put about 1-2 tablespoons of your sauce in a separate bowl and add the xanthan gum to the bowl as well.
- Mix the small amount of sauce with the xanthan and then pour it back into the rest of the sauce.
- Mix again until the remaining sauce has thickened.
500 g frozen salmon fillet
- Place the frozen salmon fillets in a larger casserole dish and pour the herb cream sauce over them.
Bake the casserole in your preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Serve the low-carb salmon fillet casserole in a herb-cream sauce with cauliflower rice or shirataki rice* .
- Cover your casserole dish with cling film or transfer the remaining casserole to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- The casserole keeps well for about 3-4 days.