Low Carb Egg Muffins Recipe – We all love eggs because they’re healthy, delicious, and incredibly versatile.
All these qualities and more come together in delicious Egg Muffins , because you can fill them with all sorts of healthy vegetables, cheese or meat in the form of bacon or cooked ham.
So you can make the egg muffins vegetarian or non-vegetarian. They contain practically no carbohydrates and no flour and are therefore low carb and gluten-free !
The delicious muffins are prepared super quickly in about 10 minutes and ready to enjoy after only 20 minutes in the oven.
In my simple recipe with easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions, I’ll show you how you can prepare this delicious egg dish at home without any stress, even if you have little cooking experience.
What are egg muffins?
Egg muffins are nothing more than small frittatas in muffin cases. So an Italian omelette that you don’t stir while cooking, but lets set over heat.
There are also ingredients such as vegetables, cheese or meat. Like frittatas, egg muffins can be eaten warm or cold.
They are suitable as a starter, as a snack in between or on the go and are great for meal prep.
The muffins are gluten-free, keto, and low-carb, making them great for a variety of diets and diets.
Egg Muffins – Great for kids!
Egg muffins are the perfect little meal for kids because they not only taste good but are healthy too.
Whether at home, at school or on the go, with Egg Muffins you always have a suitable alternative to ready-made products for your children at hand.
Can you pick up egg muffins?
You can store the cooled muffins, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 days.
The egg muffins also taste great cold, or you can put them in the microwave to heat them up, or heat them up for a few minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Read more : Coleslaw Easy to make yourself
Low Carb Egg Muffins Recipe
Dish: main course, snack
Servings: 12 servings
Time 25 mins
- 1 muffin pan (silicone)
For the egg mass:
- 8 eggs
- 50ml milk optional _
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- For Bacon Cheese Muffins:
- 2 slices of bacon
- grated cheese
- For tomato broccoli muffins
- 2 to 3 cherry tomatoes
- broccoli florets
For Mushroom Onion Muffins:
- 3 to 4 mushrooms
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ small onion
- grated cheese
- For Pepper Onion Muffins:
- ½ pepper
- grated cheese
- ½ spring onion
- Some styles chives optional
- Some butter or baking spray to grease the muffin tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Peel the onion, cut in half and finely dice.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut off the end of the stalk, cut in half and thinly slice.
- Divide the broccoli into florets.
- Wash the peppers, halve lengthwise, then deseed and cut lengthwise into strips again. Then cut crosswise into small cubes.
- Wash the spring onions and cut crosswise into thin rings.
- Rinse the chives and cut crosswise into small rolls.
- Clean the remaining vegetables and cut into small cubes.
- Crack all the eggs into a bowl and optionally add the milk.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk, then set aside.
- Arrange desired toppings (mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, etc.) in muffin pan.
- Then fill with the egg mixture to just under the brim.
- Scatter the grated cheese and spring onions over the egg mixture.
- Now bake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 20 minutes.
- After the baking time, remove the muffin tin from the oven and let it cool down a bit.
- Then carefully remove the muffins from their molds.
- If necessary, garnish with chives and serve.
- Enjoy your meal!