You won the jackpot with this delicious buttery cowboy cake recipe! Every bite has delicious oatmeal, chocolate, coconut and walnuts! Whether you call it a cowboy cookie or a ranger cookie, this oatmeal cookie recipe is an extraordinary cookie you must make.
The first cowboy bread I made was very disappointing. The recipe calls for crispy rice to lose its crispness within a few hours. It took more than ten years to recover from this fiasco and push again. It’s time to try again!Print
You won the jackpot with this delicious buttery cowboy cake recipe!
- 3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups angel flake coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- In a very large bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars, and combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, scoop out 1/4 cup of cookie dough, roll into balls and space 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Middles may have areas that appear slightly under done. Remove cookies from rack to cool.