Fried rice with vegetables and egg is a quick and super delicious Asian stir-fry that you can whip up on the table in just 25 minutes.
This delicious vegetarian fried rice is my secret favorite and perfect for a light after-work meal.
Whenever it has to be quick but also healthy, I use this great and at the same time simple recipe.
You can also prepare fried rice well in advance and reheat it later. Ideal for meal prep and for a healthy lunch in the office and on the go.
Vegetable fried rice is a great way to use up whatever is left in the kitchen and fridge, because with today’s food prices, you really need to be careful not to throw anything away.
You can easily supplement and expand my basic recipe for fried rice with vegetables by simply adding the vegetables or meat that you have left or that will soon be used up.
How to supplement fried rice with vegetables?
You can basically put anything in it that can be fried and tastes good.
Some examples are:
Fried rice with shrimp
First sear the shrimp briefly, then remove, prepare the fried rice according to the recipe and finally add them back and heat them up.
Fried rice with chicken
If you have leftover grilled chicken, just add it to the rice towards the end and heat it up. Delicious!
First, sear the raw chicken and season it with salt, black pepper, and soy sauce. Then prepare the fried rice according to the recipe and finally add the chicken back in and reheat.
Fried rice with minced meat (beef or mixed)
It is best to fry the minced meat in a separate pan and season it with salt, black pepper and soy sauce. When the fried rice is done, mix in the ground beef.
Fried rice with beef or pork
Cut the meat into thin strips. Sauté in a separate pan and season with salt, black pepper, and soy sauce. Meanwhile, prepare the fried rice according to the recipe and finally add the meat and heat through.
What rice do you use for fried rice?
You can use normal long grain rice or other types of rice like basmati rice or jasmine rice.
In general, you want to use a type of rice that doesn’t clump or stick, preferably not sticky rice, sushi rice, or risotto rice.
Does the rice have to be cold?
Yes. For the best result, the rice should be cold and ideally from the day before. The main reason for this is that you don’t want the rice to be soggy when it’s fried, because soggy rice tends to stick together.
If you don’t have the opportunity to use the rice from the day before, you can spread the rice on a baking sheet to cool and evaporate.
Can you pick up fried rice with vegetables?
You can prepare the fried rice wonderfully and reheat it later. The rice will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. read more Low Carb Egg Muffins Recipe
Fried rice with vegetables – simply delicious
In total time 25 mins
Dish: main course
- About 300g of uncooked rice. Ideally from the day before.
- 3 eggs
- 1 pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
For the seasoning sauce:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Besides that:
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 100 grams of peas
- 1 spring onion. Cut into thin rings.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to package directions and let cool. Cooked rice from the day before is ideal.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with the sugar and sesame oil.
- Peel, halve and finely dice the onion.
- Peel and finely chop or press the garlic clove.
- Then wash the peppers, halve, deseed and cut lengthwise into thin strips.
- Peel the carrot, halve lengthwise, then cut lengthwise into strips and crosswise into small cubes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and first sauté the onions with the garlic.
- Then add the carrots and bell pepper and stir-fry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Optionally add the peas at this point as well.
- Take out and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the rice using 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Note: The rice should be fried really well and not just slightly heated.
- Then push the rice aside and add the beaten egg to the pan and let it set while stirring.
- Mix the egg with the rice and return the vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Season the fried rice with the seasoning sauce.
- If necessary, season with additional salt, black pepper and soy sauce.
Arranging and serving:
Divide the fried rice among plates, garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds if desired, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!