I know these biscuits look like they are prepared for kids because M&Ms are brightly colored. Well, forget the kids, adults like this cookie too! It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, which is my favorite.
The candy skin also gives it a nice crunch, and the oatmeal gives it a nice chewy texture. I adapted this from a cookie jar mix recipe. This is a lovely way to give gifts, or even better, because it tastes great! !Print
I know these biscuits look like they are prepared for kids because M&Ms are brightly colored. Well, forget the kids, adults like this cookie too!
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, blend the butter until soft. Add egg and vanilla, then the sugars and blend well. Next pour in the rest of the dry ingredients and blend until everything is incorporated well. Use a #30 scoop or roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-13 minutes.