Cod in mustard sauce from the oven is an easy, quick and seriously delicious dish that’s perfect for Fish Day Friday or any time you’re in the mood for a no-fuss fish meal.
Fish is healthy and very tasty and is a great alternative to meat dishes.
In my simple recipe, with understandable step-by-step instructions, I’ll show you how to conjure up this great dish on the table without any stress.
I am sure that once you have made cod in mustard sauce from the oven, you will return again and again because the whole family loves it!
What is cod?
Cod is a common food fish that is also called cod, the term cod being used mainly for young cod.
What is a mustard sauce?
A mustard sauce is a light sauce (béchamel sauce) that is seasoned with mustard and dill. It goes very well with all kinds of fish
Dish: main course
In total 40 mins
- 4 to 6 cod fillets Approx. 800g
- For the mustard sauce:
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of flour
- 150ml milk _
- 150 ml whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp dill
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
And that’s how it’s done
- Rinse the cod fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Grease the casserole dish with butter and place the cod fillets side by side.
For the mustard sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour a spoonful at a time, stirring constantly, until the mixture is even.
- Continue stirring while adding the cream and milk.
- Now add the mustard and dill to the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice and sugar.
- Keep stirring and let the sauce simmer on low heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently so the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Then pour the mustard sauce into the casserole dish with the cod fillets.
- Cook in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 20 minutes. (core temperature 58 degrees)
Arranging and serving:
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and let it cool down a bit.
- Then place the cod fillets on plates with the mustard sauce and serve immediately with a side dish of your choice.
- Rice, mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes go well with this.
- Enjoy your meal!
Read more Blitz Spaghetti Bolognese