Chili chicken drumsticks – These delicious roasted drumsticks are juicy, tender and full of flavour. The nice thing about this preparation is that the chicken legs are first marinated, then roasted and then cooked in a sauce. You can also use this method if you have roasted meat left over from a BBQ, for example. You then only have to make the sauce and let the meat simmer in it. Definitely try this recipe because everyone loves it.
Chili chicken drumsticks
Number of persons: 4
- 4 chicken drumsticks (skin removed)
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon cashew nuts finely chopped
- ½ medium red onion
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 75 ml water
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
1. Make 2 slits in the chicken on both sides. This ensures that the chicken cooks faster.
2. Mix the garlic, paprika powder, coriander powder, salt and lemon juice well in a bowl
3. Coat the chicken with the marinade you just made.
4. Cover the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
5. Heat a grill pan or BBQ and grill the chicken drumsticks until brown all over
Now we are going to make the sauce
6. Heat a pan with oil and fry the onions, cashew nuts and chili flakes for 4 minutes
7. Now add the water and stir well for 1 minute.
8. Now the chicken drumsticks can be added and stir so that they are covered with the sauce.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes
. 10. Turn the chicken drumsticks over after 10 minutes.
11. Transfer the chicken drumsticks and sauce to a plate.
12. Optionally, drizzle some oil from the sauce over the chicken
12. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Other recipe The Best Chicken Breyani Recipe