- 1.2 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Oven baked vegetables:
- 8 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 pepper
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- 1 small stick of spring onions
- 1 mini broccoli
- 1 mini cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- Heat the oven to 210° top/bottom heat.
- Prepare and have all the ingredients for the dish ready.
- Peel, wash and quarter the potatoes. Depending on the size of the potatoes, you can cut them in half.
- Tip: The potatoes should be roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- Peel the carrots and cut into rings. Wash the spring onions and cut into rings.
- Wash the peppers and cut into strips, clean and quarter the mushrooms.
- Divide the broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
- Place the vegetables in a casserole dish and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables and mix everything together.
- Tip: You can add broccoli and cauliflower to the casserole dish, or cook them separately like I did and then add them to the casserole dish 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, paprika powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Scatter the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the aluminum foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli and cauliflower in salted water. That means cooking for 2-3 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and spread the broccoli and cauliflower in the casserole dish. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Tip: The baking time for this dish can vary greatly, depending on which potatoes you use. It takes significantly longer for waxy or predominantly waxy potatoes than for floury potatoes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and use a fork to test whether the potatoes are done. If they pierce easily, they’re done.
- Tip: If you turn the chicken drumsticks halfway through cooking, they will be crispy on both sides.
- Place on a plate to serve and enjoy.
- You can also make the dish with whole chicken thighs and use just potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- You may have to extend the cooking time a little. The chicken thighs are cooked after 1 hour. Check the potatoes with a fork to see if they are soft.
Keywords: Chicken thighs with vegetables and potatoes