These oven- baked chicken thighs with veggies and potatoes are as delicious as they are easy. A simple, down-to-earth meal for every day that everyone likes.
A combination of chicken and delicious vegetables, easy to prepare and always delicious. Chicken thighs are very popular with many families and are a regular part of the table. I’ll show you how to do it with my simple recipe.
You don’t need much cooking knowledge if you want to prepare this delicious dish fresh for you and your family. You need a few basic ingredients, such as spices, plus vegetables and meat. The preparation is simple and easy, and the oven does the rest.
A great meal to use up veggies that are still in the fridge. In addition to the main ingredients of meat and potatoes, I used mushrooms, peppers, carrots and onions here.
I bought the mini broccoli and cauliflower in a double pack and the quantity went perfectly with this dish.
What other vegetables can you use for chicken thighs with vegetables and potatoes from the oven?
You can use any vegetable that you and your family like to eat. Here I have a few more suggestions for you:
- Yellow or green peppers
- cocktail tomatoes
- Green beans
- Green asparagus
- Red onions
I seasoned my vegetables with paprika powder, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. You can also use rosemary, which is also great and tastes great.
You can find my recipe with the exact information on the quantities and ingredients in the recipe card below. You can also print out my recipe.
What do you have to consider when you make my chicken thighs from the oven?
The most important thing, of course, is that your chicken is well cooked. You should never eat poultry that is still pink. When the meat comes off the bone easily, it’s done. But that’s definitely the case after 1.5 hours in the oven. You don’t have to worry about that.
You also have to make sure that your vegetables are soft. This is very different, especially with the potatoes.
Some types of potatoes take longer to soften than others. Floury potatoes are the quickest and waxy potatoes take the longest.
That’s why I always like to use floury potatoes for oven dishes. To tell if your veggies are tender and done, simply poke a potato with a fork.
If you can pierce the potato without resistance, it’s done. The same applies to all other vegetables.
In addition to the potato, the carrot also needs a little longer than, for example, the peppers or the mushrooms. So when the potato is done, the other vegetables are too.
I hope I could help you with my tips and you can easily cook my recipe. If you have a question or comment, use the comment box below. I’m always happy to get feedback from you!Print
- 1.2 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Oven baked vegetables:
- 8 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 pepper
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- 1 small stick of spring onions
- 1 mini broccoli
- 1 mini cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- Heat the oven to 210° top/bottom heat.
- Prepare and have all the ingredients for the dish ready.
- Peel, wash and quarter the potatoes. Depending on the size of the potatoes, you can cut them in half.
- Tip: The potatoes should be roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- Peel the carrots and cut into rings. Wash the spring onions and cut into rings.
- Wash the peppers and cut into strips, clean and quarter the mushrooms.
- Divide the broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
- Place the vegetables in a casserole dish and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables and mix everything together.
- Tip: You can add broccoli and cauliflower to the casserole dish, or cook them separately like I did and then add them to the casserole dish 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, paprika powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Scatter the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the aluminum foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli and cauliflower in salted water. That means cooking for 2-3 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and spread the broccoli and cauliflower in the casserole dish. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Tip: The baking time for this dish can vary greatly, depending on which potatoes you use. It takes significantly longer for waxy or predominantly waxy potatoes than for floury potatoes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and use a fork to test whether the potatoes are done. If they pierce easily, they’re done.
- Tip: If you turn the chicken drumsticks halfway through cooking, they will be crispy on both sides.
- Place on a plate to serve and enjoy.
- You can also make the dish with whole chicken thighs and use just potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- You may have to extend the cooking time a little. The chicken thighs are cooked after 1 hour. Check the potatoes with a fork to see if they are soft.
Keywords: Chicken thighs with vegetables and potatoes
Read More : Fried noodles with vegetables and chicken