This chicken and filling casserole dips tender chicken in a creamy sauce, drizzled with green beans and delicious fillings. You can add cheese for extra enjoyment, and you can also use different types of vegetables! (This recipe is also pottery friendly!)
This recipe has been around for a long time! I ordered an oven-baked version of Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing and it was finally available. This has been officially added to our list of favorite recipes on the blog.Print
This chicken and filling casserole dips tender chicken in a creamy sauce, drizzled with green beans and delicious fillings.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 stick celery
- 3 cooked sausage links, finely diced, see notes
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ cups frozen green beans, thawed and patted dry
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- 6 oz. dry stuffing mix, see notes
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and sausage and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place on the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, ½ tsp dried thyme, and ¼ tsp ground sage. Add it to the top of the chicken and spread evenly to coat.
- Add the thawed green beans next. Note: The green beans will be al dente (have a slight crunch). For softer green beans, submerge them into the sauce a bit.
- Combine the stuffing mix, chicken broth, sauteed onions, celery, and diced sausage. Add it to the top of the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with my mashed potatoes and 10-minute chicken gravy!
I use Banquet Brown N’ Serve Sausage links in this recipe. They are fully cooked and found in the freezer section near the breakfast items.