Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
You can cook Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 8 oz of Provolone cheese.
- Prepare 30 of to 35 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sriracha seasoning salt blend, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of recipe of my Marinara Sauce recipe attached in step #10, or your favorite.
- You need of GARNISH.
- You need 1/4 cup of mixed chopped fresh herbs, zi used basil, parsley and chives.
Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- Pound chicken into 6- 1/4 inch thick cutlets. Sprinkle with pepper and sriracha seasoning.
- Cover cheese with pepperoni slices.
- Lay slices of provolone cheese on each chicken cutlet.
- Fold over both sides and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine on a plate , flour, romano cheese, italian seasoning, the teaspoon of sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mix well.
- Roll each chicken roll in flour mix to dry and lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, brown chicken rolls on all sides.
- Cover skillet and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, keeping covered and not adding any liquid.
- Remove chicken to serving plate, add chicken broth to skillet chicken was cooked in, scraping up all cheese and brown bits and whisking them into the broth.
- , Add about 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce, recipe attached below, to broth and simmer until hot and well mixed, stir in fresh herbs https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Serve Chicken with sauce, remove toothpicks before serving. Serve with pasta or crusty bread..