Chicken and dumplings. You'll be rewarded with a savory, steamy chicken in broth with light, fluffy dumplings as the topping. Chicken and dumplings are the ultimate comfort food, aren't they? When we were kids, my mother used to make chicken and dumplings for us by simply adding Bisquick biscuit dough to chicken stew.
There's nothing like old-fashioned homemade chicken and dumplings for a filling, comforting meal. Find a new favorite recipe, whether you like fluffy dumplings or a chewy noodle version. Chicken and dumplings can be a little difficult to get right, but the flour and cornmeal in this recipe help prevent gloopy flour balls. You can have Chicken and dumplings using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and dumplings
- Prepare 2 of cooked chicken brest.
- It’s 2 can of mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 2 cup of bisquick.
- It’s 2/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Slightly brothy, slightly creamy, with the most delectable dumplings. This version of chicken and dumplings starts with a couple of smart shortcuts to make it easy enough to pull off on a weeknight, without skimping on the rich, savory flavor and tender dumplings you expect. Chicken and Dumplings might be one of my new favorites! This recipe is basic that even those that are new or a beginner will be able to make it!
Chicken and dumplings step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken in chunks place in 8×12 pan.
- Add mixed vegetables do not drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste mix and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hr..
- Meanwhile in separate bowl mix bisquick. Milk and sugar.
- After chicken has baked spoon dumpling mix on chicken and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This quick-and-easy recipe for Chicken & Dumplings is the perfect comfort food. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Prepare dumplings and set them aside for a few minutes. Shake the pot gently in a circular motion to submerge dumplings in stock. Making the dumplings is easy, you just whisk together some dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt), add butter and buttermilk, and dollop the dough on top of your chicken stew mixture.