Beef Tips with Onion & Mushroom Gravy.
You can cook Beef Tips with Onion & Mushroom Gravy using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Tips with Onion & Mushroom Gravy
- You need 1 lb of top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- You need 1 of (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (I especially love Portobello mushrooms).
- It’s 3 of tablespoons finely chopped shallots OR 1 small yellow onion cut in half and sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth (low-sodium).
- You need 1 can of Cream of Mushrooms (low-sodium).
- Prepare 1 of Cooking spray or extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce (low-sodium).
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of chives.
- Prepare 3 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- You need 1 of kosher salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Beef Tips with Onion & Mushroom Gravy instructions
- Coat pan with cooking spray or extra-virgin olive oil. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; cover..
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add pepper, kosher salt, Worcestershire and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened (optional- add low-sodium cream of mushroom)..
- Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard thyme sprigs. Garnish with chives..