Classic Beef Stroganoff.
You can have Classic Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Beef Stroganoff
- You need 1 lb of Boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 cup of Breakstone's or Knudsen Sour Cream, any variety.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Instant beef bouillon granules.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 cup of hot cooked noodles.
Classic Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Place steak in freezer 30 minutes to firm. cut across grain into 2×1/2-inch strips..
- Mix sour cream and flour into small bowl. stir in water, bouillon and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. add 1/2 of the steak; cook and stir until steak is cooked through. remove steak from skillet. add remaining steak and vegetables to skillet; cook and stir until steak is cooked through and onion is tender. return all steak to skillet. reduce heat to medium..
- Add sour cream mixture; cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. cook an additional minute. spoon over hot noodles.