Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes.
This Chicken and Dumpling Soup is filled with the dumplings I grew up eating. They're somewhere between noodle and spatzle, but bigger. If you're looking for light and fluffy dumplings, you're at the wrong recipe. You can cook Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Dumplings.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of tblsp butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
These dumplings are a bit heavier. Our All-Time Favorite Version Of One Of The Most Classic Soup Recipes – Chicken And Dumplings! This Simple, Delicious Soup Is Filled With Chunks Of Chicken And Pieces Of Biscuit, Along With Your Favorite Veggies! This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier!
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all. Traditional Chicken Soup made even better by the fluffiest buttermilk dumplings flavoured with herbs and garlic. This recipe for an old fashioned chicken and dumpling soup is a must It's no secret that chicken soup has healing powers and my herb and garlic dumplings bump the taste to the next level. This Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe is made with creamy broth, succulent chicken, sweet carrots and light fluffy dumplings. It will really satisfy your longing for a good home cooked meal.