Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. How do you make chicken & dumplings in a slow cooker? This recipe is broken down into two parts: cooking chicken and cooking biscuits. Slow cooker chicken and dumplings is a favorite in my house.
More crockpot recipes to try This Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is easy to make and full of old fashioned goodness with delicious flat rolled dumplings made from scratch. This Southern-style chicken and dumplings is made from scratch in the slow cooker. Chicken is cooked low and slow with a little onion and garlic. You can have Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 3 of Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Garlic Cloves (amount is your preference).
- It’s of Celery (amount is your preference).
- You need of White Onion (Medium or Large).
- Prepare 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Golden Mushroom.
- You need 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Cream of Chicken.
- It’s of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Parley.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1/2 TSP of (plus dusting) Poultry Seasoning.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 Cups of Corn or Peas (I use frozen corn, either needs to be at room temp before you add).
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of Can of Flaky Biscuits.
This Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is a quick and easy one-pot cozy Winter wonder! A crowd pleasing dinner full of tender chicken, ultra-fluffy biscuit dumplings If you try this crockpot recipe with bisquick dumplings or homemade dumplings let me know in the comments below! Chicken & Dumplings – Stewed Chicken with Thyme Creme Fraiche Dumplings. Crockpot chicken & dumplings recipe! britneyandbaby.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings instructions
- Place butter in crockpot on high while you chop your ingredients. I coat the bottom of the pot with the butter..
- Start with your staples. Garlic, onion, and celery is my mix. You can add carrots if you like. Chop those and place them on top of the melted butter. (If you want to add carrot, I’d suggest 2 large carrots and go for a medium onion rather than a large and half the celery pictured).
- Time for chicken! I use 3 chicken breasts because I add a lot of veggies. If you want more, add a 4th breast and subtract 1/2 cup of veggies. Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies. Lightly dust with poultry seasoning. Place the lid on the cooker while you prep the liquid part of the meal..
- Open a can of Cream of Chicken and Golden Mushroom and empty into a bowl. Fill the Cream of Chicken can with chicken broth and poor it in with the soup. Add your parsley, cayenne pepper, and poultry seasoning. Blend together and pour on the veggies and chicken..
- Now you have the blended liquid in the pot, and if it doesn’t cover your chicken use a bit of chicken broth to make sure the breasts are just barely covered. Put the lid on and cook on high for 5 hours..
- After 5 hours, turn your cooker to low and shred the chicken. Add in your room temperature peas or corn..
- Open your can of biscuits and cut them into strips. Then peel the flaky layers apart and stir them into the pot. Cook for an hour on low and it’s ready to eat!.
I'm so glad the colder weather is finally making it's way into Texas. Chicken and Dumplings is a daunting recipe to most, but when you see how easy this is, you'll be making it all the time! Why not in a crock pot? I always have folks ask me for a good crock pot version of chicken and dumplings. I actually had never really thought about it because we Take out the chicken and shred it using a fork then place it back in the crockpot and add some crumbled bacon and the peas.