Yankee Pot Roast. While this traditional pot roast bakes with carrot, onion, and potato it creates a rich, thick broth that you'll want to spoon over mashed. This Yankee pot roast is a beef roast that's been braised to meltingly tender perfection, seasoned with bacon, and served with potatoes and vegetables. A hearty and comforting meal all in one pot!
The dish is centered on a piece of beef, usually a tougher cut. As if they don't, as well, sometimes also fail you, too. Fat lips fail Gore Vidal. [Note: could lead to. You can have Yankee Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yankee Pot Roast
- You need 1 of 3+ lb. Chuck Roast.
- It’s 1 of large Onion, large dice.
- Prepare 3 of stalks Celery, sliced.
- You need 1 of can Beef Broth.
- You need 2 of cups Water with 2 beef bullion cubes.
- You need 1 of pk. mini Carrots.
- It’s 5 of Red Potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 3 of stalk Celery, in 2" cuts.
- You need 1 of Spices.
- It’s 1/3 of cup flour, mixed in 1/2 cup water.
A traditional Yankee pot roast made with carrots, onions, celery, and red wine View image. Stovetop Yankee Pot Roast. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Yankee pot roast is simmered with vegetables. Vegetables in this Yankee pot roast recipe include rutabaga, carrots, potatoes, and onions.
Yankee Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Fry in large pan, both sides, till browned..
- In Crock Pot, add onion and sliced celery. Add meat. Add liquid ingredients..
- Add 1 Tsp. each: Thyme, Italian seasoning, Pepper, Garlic..
- Cover and cook on high 2 hrs..
- Add rest of vegetables and cook for 3 hrs..
- Remove meat to plate, keep warm..
- Add flour slurry to crock pot and cook on high 20 mins..
- Serve meat with gravy and vegs..
A Yankee Pot Roast is usually made with root vegetables, potatoes and sometimes tomatoes for extra flavor. You can also add celery and other veggies that you may like, for example, mushrooms. Pot roast is a beef dish made by slow-cooking a usually tough cut of beef in moist heat, sometimes with vegetables. Tougher cuts such as chuck steak, bottom round. Grandma's ultratender Yankee Pot Roast spiked with hot sauce is for one of those moods when you feel deeply deserving of a good meal.