Mike's Easy Cheesy Spuds.
You can have Mike's Easy Cheesy Spuds using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Cheesy Spuds
- You need of Cheesy Spuds Ingredients.
- It’s 1 box of Au Gratin Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large 2" Cubes Velvetta Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Shredded Velvetta Cheese [for topping].
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Chopped Chives [reservers].
- You need 1/3 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dried Onions.
Mike's Easy Cheesy Spuds step by step
- Add your fluids and butter to a microwave/oven safe bowl as per manufacturers directions. However, cut back slightly on the fluids [milk or water-whatever the box calls for] since the Velvetta cheese will create additional fluid when melted..
- Add your Velvetta cubes, garlic, onion powder and 1/4 cup chives and microwave until melted..
- Add your powdered cheese and whisk everything together then add your dried potatoes..
- Bake as per manufacturers directions. Usually at 400° for 35-40 minutes..
- When almost baked, pull out pan and sprinkle potatoes with your 4 tbs fresh chives and shredded Velvetta and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted..
- Sprinkle pre-shredded cheese on top if you'd like..