Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes.
You can have Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes
- It’s 5 large of un peeled red potatoes, cooked in beef broth until tender and cooled in broth until cool enough to handle or up to two hours. This makes very tender easy to cube potatoes..
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream ; you can use whole milk or light cream but heavy cream makes the richest sauce!.
- It’s 1 small of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks red hot, or what you like.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 of fresh grated parmesan or romano cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley for garnish.
Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes instructions
- Remove cooled potatos from broth, peel and cut into 1inche cubes, set aside while making sauce..
- In a saucepan melt butter add onion and garlic and cook on low just to soften, do not brown, whisk in flour and cook on low 2 minutes, whisk in chicken stock and cream and all seasonings except cheese, stir and simmer until thickened, add cheese on low to melt, taste to see if salt, pepper or more lemon is needed. Add reserved potatos and heat through, Transfer hot to serving dish..
- Garnish with parsley.
- This can be kept warm over a double boiler for at least an hour..
- So good with all roasted meats, grilled meats and fish!.