Flavorful Pot Roast.
You can have Flavorful Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flavorful Pot Roast
- It’s 1 of chuck roast about 3 pounds.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- It’s 2 lb of potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, cut into large chunks, optional.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of steak seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried rosemary.
Flavorful Pot Roast instructions
- Combined together seasoning mix in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Coat both sides of the meat with olive oil. Sprinkle on a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle on a little olive oil to coat vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning mix. Add the vegetables to the same skillet that was used to sear the meat. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Transfer the vegetables to the top of the roast in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid..
- Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours..
- Using a turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stove top. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water. Blend into the pan juices while whisking. Bring that to a simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed..
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a large platter. Ladle the gravy over. Serve immediately..