Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt.
You can cook Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of small handful fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 100 g of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need of Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt step by step
- Heat the chicken stock in a cup in the microwave, then drop in the saffron and allow it to infuse while you continue cooking..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then sear in the pan for 3 minutes per side until browned..
- Remove the chicken to a plate. If there's a lot of grease in the pan, drain all but a few tbsp. Add the onion and fry until soft and translucent (about 3 to 4 minutes)..
- Lay the cinnamon stick in with the onions. Arrange the chicken thighs on top. Pour in the saffron-infused stock, and add a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Remove the lid and continue simmering about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Remove the cinnamon stick. Add the cilantro..
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the lemon rind and a pinch of salt. Stir in the milk to thin it out slightly..
- Serve the chicken with a dollop of lemon yogurt. This all goes great atop a mound of couscous..