You can have Chicken Broccoli using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Broccoli
- You need 2 of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1 lb of Fresh Broccoli.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of Cashew nuts (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of Peanuts (optional).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sliced Julienne Ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Rice Wine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of White/Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of Chicken Stock (OR 1 Chicken Knorr Cube diluted in lukewarm water).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 2 pcs of Scallions.
Chicken Broccoli step by step
- First, cut the chicken breasts into thin slices then place them in a bowl. Then season it with salt, black pepper, and 2 table spoons of sesame oil, 4 cloves of garlic purée, then add a bit of cornstarch. Mix well then set aside to marinade..
- Next, cut your broccoli into florets. Then have it blanched with a pinch of salt for 40-50 secs. Once done, strain it, and transfer to a bowl of cold water with ice..
- Next, to make the brown sauce, take a new cooking pot and add some sesame oil followed by garlic, ginger, then sauté. Then add the rice wine, sugar, and have it caramelised well before adding the chick stock. Mix well. Then add in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce. Stir. Add black pepper, scallion, and then cornstarch mixture (cornstarch+water). Mix well until the sauce thickens..
- Then, in low heat, add in the cooked chicken breast slices..
- Add the broccoli florets..
- Add in the mushrooms, peanuts, and cashew nuts. (Optional).
- Mix well. Share and enjoy! ☺️.