3 pepper Tamale Pie. Most tamale pies consists of a flavorful ground beef base and cornbread topping. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper.
A recipe for Tamale Pie – flavorful meat and spices are topped with a layer of cornbread. While this tamale pie has very little to do with its south-of-the-border namesake, it's a really delicious recipe all the same. I love my tamale pie topped with all the taco fixings…Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, cilantro, and lime juice. You can have 3 pepper Tamale Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 3 pepper Tamale Pie
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground sirloin.
- Prepare 1 half of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of poblano peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of jalepeno chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can enchilada sauce (hot).
- You need 3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of can mexicorn.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
My Mom doesn't typically like Mexican because of the use of all the onions and peppers, but she loves tamales and loved this dinner so much! This tamale pie recipe is so easy and delicious! With very little prep-work, you'll be ready for dinner in no time at all! There is no cutting veggies or waiting for onions and peppers to saute.
3 pepper Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350• F.
- Sauté onions with butter in high rimmed pan until translucent, then add poblanos and continue for about 3 minutes..
- Add beef 🥩 to pan and brown, stirring in salt, oregano, and chipotle powder..
- When browned, add enchilada sauce, reduce to medium/low heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Make one box of cornbread using 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk 🥛 grease a large glass baking dish and spread batter along the bottom..
- Drain corn 🌽 and layer atop corn bread, spread beef over corn..
- Make remaining 2 corn bread boxes using 2 eggs and 2/3 cups milk, add jalepeno and 1 cup cheese to this mix, spread atop beef..
- Bake at 350• for 40 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup cheese 🧀 on top, bake for another 10 minutes..
- DONESKIES! Take a snapshot & let us know if you did anything differently!.
All the ingredients are probably in your fridge or pantry right now, so you'll be ready for dinner and pleasing. Saucy ground beef is cooked with onions, green bell pepper, and corn and topped with a cornmeal topping. The best beef mole tamale skillet pie recipe with a masa harina crust. Enjoy an incredible Mexican dinner with deep mole and poblano pepper flavors. Home » Taco In A Pan.