Shepherds pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. You can cook Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of an onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Worchershirer sauce.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Fresh basil and oregano.
- It’s 1 pint of Green beans.
- It’s of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- Prepare 1 pint of Corn.
- You need 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- It’s Splash of milk and water.
- You need of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
- It’s of Paprika.
Shepherd’s Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone’s face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9×13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
This family friendly shepherd’s pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd’s pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We’ve got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd’s pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd’s pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.