Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta.
You can cook Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Prepare 8 oz of penne pasta.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3-4 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 13 oz of cajun sausage.
- It’s 8 oz of white button mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced small.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning to taste.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste optional.
- You need of Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of greek yogurt or heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Sea salt to taste.
- You need Dash of parsley.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta instructions
- Boil pasta in salty water. Drain and set aside..
- Chicken, sausage, mushrooms and onions: ▪︎Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasoning. Do not slice chicken yet. You will be cooking it whole. ▪︎Sausage: slice into ¼ inch circles and slice mushrooms. Cut up onion..
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and melt it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add whole chicken thighs and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and slice into strips..
- Add sliced sausage pieces and brown them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until darker in color around the edges. Remove from the skillet onto a plate..
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of water and add 2tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms and onions into the skillet add more butter as well if needed. Saute your onions and mushrooms until they look moist and dark. Once cooked good remove them from the pan as well..
- The saucey part: To make the sauce, add remaining 1 tbsp butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Next add chicken broth, worcestershire sauce and greek yogurt or heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add Cajun seasoning, paprika and garlic powder and mix into the sauce..
- Add parmesan cheese and whisk to blend for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed..
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and mix in well. Next add the chicken, sausage, onions and mushrooms back into the pan and allow them to reheat for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid for it to remain hot! Top with parsley, serve immediately and enjoy!!.