Low Carb Tokyo Coconut Chicken.
You can cook Low Carb Tokyo Coconut Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Tokyo Coconut Chicken
- It’s 1 of chicken breast, roughly diced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, roughly diced (you don’t want very small pieces).
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small bell peppers, preferably red, sliced into small strips.
- It’s 1-2 of green onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 60 grams of (approximately 1/4 cup) mixed nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews), roughly chopped/broken.
- It’s 180 ml of (about 6 ounces) coconut cream or coconut milk (cream has more fat, and is preferred).
- It’s 1 cube of chicken bullion.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of hot pepper powder.
Low Carb Tokyo Coconut Chicken step by step
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, start cooking onions in your preferred oil. I used a mix of butter and olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste, and stir occasionally until they just start to become translucent..
- Add the chicken to the skillet, along with another dash of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is nearly cooked through..
- Add the nuts to the skillet and mix..
- Add the green onions. If you like your food spicy, add some hot peppers, or if you are in Tokyo, a little portion of a 100 yen package of hot chili powder from your friendly neighborhood Lawson’s convenience store will work great..
- Add 60ml (2 ounces) of water and cook for maybe 30 seconds, then add the bell peppers and cook for one minute more..
- Mix the bullion cube with another 60ml (2 ounces) of water, and add to the skillet, along with the coconut cream..
- Heat and mix just until the dish is hot again (but don’t boil). Take it off the heat and serve..