Shepherds Pie – Easy. American favorite shepherd’s pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Plus, it’s so easy you can make it on a weeknight. The difference between Shepherd’s Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead. You can cook Shepherds Pie – Easy using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie – Easy
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion diced.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn drained.
- You need 1 can of cut Italian green beans drained.
- It’s 1 jar of beef gravy.
- Prepare 3 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 8 of servings instant mashed potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
You could make the beef or lamb. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. But, here in the USA ground beef seems to be the more popular way to make an easy Shepherd’s Pie.
Shepherds Pie – Easy step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Brown ground beef with diced onions. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to instructions on box..
- Add browned ground beef mixture, beans, corn, gravy and Worcestershire sauce in a 9 X 13 casserole dish..
- Mix thoroughly..
- Top mixture with the mashed potatoes. Spread evenly to completely cover..
- Top with shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes..
This lightened up easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone’s face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. This easy shepherd’s pie is similar to cottage pie but it uses lamb mince instead of beef mince, a tradtional shepherd’s pie.