Easy Country Pot Roast. This easy pot roast seasoning was developed out of a need for a great seasoning that we could grab and slather on a big chuck roast! We use this seasoning on our Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe, but you can use it in any pot roast recipe whether you are plopping it in the oven, slow cooker, or the. Jump to the Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it.
This good old-fashioned pot roast is served with a rich gravy made from the cooking juices and the vegetables simmered with the meat. On waxed paper, coat roast with flour. Slowly stir into dutch oven, bring to a boil. You can have Easy Country Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Country Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 (4 pound) of beef chuck roast.
- You need 1 tsp of Bacon drippings (or olive oil).
- You need 1 of Garlic salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baby carrots.
- Prepare 10 of small Potatoes.
- It’s 10 of Pearl onions.
- You need 3 of Parsnips, cut in 1 inch strips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Pot Roast or stew seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Serve gravy with roast and vegetables. Use some additional water if it is to cook that long. This has to be the easiest way to make pot roast. I will brown my meat before placing in the crock pot and the deglaze the pan with the beef broth.
Easy Country Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle the roast with garlic salt and pepper..
- Melt the bacon drippings in a large frying pan on high heat..
- Gently place the roast in the pan..
- Sear all sides of the roast including the edges..
- Holding the lid over the majority of the pan, quickly pour in 3 cups of water. Steam will be hot..
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer for 4 hours..
- An hour before you want to eat, add all the veggies. Arrange them around the meat so they are mostly covered with broth..
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over everything, cover and turn up the heat to medium low..
- Divide the meat into chunks after 30 minutes so the broth can flavor the meaty morsels even more..
- Simmer for an hour, allow to sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
Pot roast predates the modern range and likely originated when hearth cooking was common. Heavy "pot-ovens" fitted with a tight lid were suspended over a fire or nestled among the coals, so meats cooked in simmering liquid without direct exposure to the heat. (For hundreds more slow cooker. Faster No Knead Bread – So Easy ANYONE can make crusty artisan bread. Clean Eating Pot Roast Crock Pot Recipe. This recipe calls for russet potatoes, but you sub in your favorite kind, whether it's red, sweet, or fingerling Chuck Pot Roast with Balsamic and Dijon.