Low-carb “Grits”. Low-carb breakfasts usually mean some form of eggs, right? Low-carb cheese “grits” are twist on a classic southern recipe. Smoky gouda and bacon combine with This low-carb cheese “grits” recipe is a keto-friendly update on classic southern comfort food.
I used to eat them in this great brunch place in the West Village called Cowgirl. Shrimp And Cheddar Low Carb Grits. If grits were never something you enjoyed, get ready to have your mind changed. You can have Low-carb “Grits” using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low-carb “Grits”
- You need 1 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
I went from someone who shuddered at the sight of them, to someone who now. Laura Dolson is a health and food writer who develops low-carb and gluten-free recipes for home cooks. Luscious, velvety, low carb “grits” get topped with garlicky shrimp and bacon for a true taste of the coastal South. I love grits, and I miss them a lot.
Low-carb “Grits” step by step
- Boil the water, butter, with salt. Add the almond flour stir in make sure there is no lumps. Remove from heat. Let rest 3 minutes..
- Add the cheese and stir well. Remember as it cools it gets thicker. Also almond is more filling then grits..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
How to make Low Carb Shrimp and Grits. First, start by prepping everything before you start cooking anything. Cut up the cauliflower into a couple large chunks, doesn’t really matter what size as you’re. Low-carb cheese “grits” are twist on a classic southern recipe. Smoky gouda and bacon combine with low-carb ingredients to make a copycat dish you’ll love.