Chicken Mushroom Congee.
You can cook Chicken Mushroom Congee using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mushroom Congee
- You need 1/2 (1 lb) of skinless and boneless chicken thigh.
- You need 4 of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of dried scallops (optional).
- You need 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 2 slices of ginger.
- You need to taste of Salt and soy sauce.
- Prepare 8-9 cups of liquid (refer to note below).
- It’s of Note: The liquid can be combination of chicken stock, water, and the left over water from the shiitake mushroom and dried scallops. I wouldn’t put more than 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need of Or simply just use water. I prefer the first option though.
- Prepare of Green onions, deep fried Chinese donuts and fried peanuts for garish.
Chicken Mushroom Congee instructions
- Soak both shiitake mushroom and dried scallops over night.
- Put all ingredients into the instant pot.
- Close the lid, venting knob in venting position, then turn venting knob to sealing Position. Select porridge, high Pressure for 20 minutes + Natural Release..
- Open the lid carefully, add salt/soy sauce for taste..
- I like it the way it is already. However if you prefer a thicken congee, turn on the Sauté function and stir until the thicken consistency you prefer..