Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe. I thought this recipe was very, very good. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Maybe it’s the gruyere, or the Parm, or the fact that they just turn out so gooey and cheesy, but they really are the ultimate fancy-ish comfort food. At its simplest, a gratin is sliced potatoes, a cup of whole milk (yes, milk though you’re welcome to gild the lily with half, full and double creams) and a As I mentioned above, potato gratins are infinitely adaptable, so have fun with this recipe. We sautéed half a pound of thinly-sliced shiitakes with one. You can cook Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- You need 8 of medium size Potatoes (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 tbs of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of onion (cut into dice).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (thinly sliced).
- It’s to taste of Salt, Black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Prepare 175 gr of Bacon.
- It’s 100 gr of Grated Chees.
Potato gratin is one of those dishes that is so simple to make, but the results are fantastic. A perfect gratin is thick, rich, and creamy with soft but intact potatoes and a decadent cheesy flavor. This recipe is loosely based on Orlando Murrin’s recipe in “A Table in the Tarn: Living, Eating, and Cooking in. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals.
Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C..
- Heat the sliced potatoes in the microwave with the maximum heat for 4 minutes..
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir for about 1 minute..
- Add the flour, and stir constantly for one minute. Stir in milk, cream, salt, chicken stock, nutmeg, and black pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened..
- Layer the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish (make it one layer). Top with the sauce, bacon, and cheese..
- Make the second layer of Potatoes, top with sauce, bacon, and cheese. Repeat until all potatoes, sauce, bacon and cheese are used..
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked well..
- Check the video, how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/w9mJUKYOPuI.
A lot of gratin recipes solely use cream for the baking liquid, but this way you can cut calories and fat slightly by replacing with milk, and letting the potato starch thicken the liquid. Onion potato gratin with sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, baked with onions, with heavy cream and Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. With cheese, onions, and potatoes, how can one go wrong? Unless of course you are on a diet, in which case you should probably stay away from this one. Looking for the perfect gratin dauphinoise potatoes?