Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu). Why does the Japanese fried rice taste so sweet? Well, Trader Joe's Japanese Fried Rice is seasoned with mirin, sugar, soy sauce, sake, and I learned from my readers that it's actually a lot easier to find Inariage (Seasoned Deep-Fried Tofu Pouch shown below) in Asian grocery stores than. The Best Tofu Low Carb Recipes on Yummly
This is because it doesn't require any special Yakimeshi, the Japanese fried rice, was something she could quickly make for us because we always had leftover rice. The charred rice is bursting with flavor and loaded with vegetables and lean protein. Vegetarian, Gluten-free adaptable. Tofu fried rice is one of the easy dishes that I cook most frequently during. You can have Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu)
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of coconut amino or soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of rice wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
- You need of Stir fry.
- It’s 1 pack of firm tofu.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare of Any crunchy vegetables (I used carrot, young corn).
- Prepare of ground chicken or any leftover meat.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s of Green onions.
The tofu used in agedashi dofu needs to be not too soft and not too hard so that it does not break easily when deep fried, but the inside of the fried Japanese people enjoy this slimy texture. I sometimes boil okra, slice crosswise thinly, mix with bonito flakes and a small amount of soy sauce and eat them. Place the block of tofu between sheets of paper towels. Agedashi Tofu or deep fried tofu is a very popular dish in Japanese cuisine.
Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu) instructions
- Wrap the firm tofu with paper towel and microwave for 1 min. Drain the water, put a plate or a pan on top of it and rest it for a while to drain water more..
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brown your meat in an oiled pan (I like to use sesame oil but avocado oil would be better for keto diet).
- When your meat is cooked, break the tofu in, you can just tear it up by your hand or smash to make it crumble as you cook.
- Stir in your veggies, mushrooms and cook for 1 minute then pour the sauce in; stir fry everything together until the sauce is cooked down and tofu absorb it well.
- Lastly, move everything to one side of the pan and crack the egg in, mix everything well like you scoop from the bottom and flip over to the top.
- Garnish with some green onions and done!.
And it has come to be known as one of the best tofu recipe around the world at. Fried "Rice": Heat your olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, peas, and carrots. When it's really sizzling, add the cauliflower, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Tofu was one of my favorite meatless entrées growing up in Brooklyn when my former best friend turned me on to the vegetarian life.