Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. Seriously the best chicken enchiladas ever, made with lots of chicken, cheese, black beans (optional), and my favorite homemade red enchilada sauce recipe. This chicken enchilada recipe is the perfect dinner when you're craving Mexican food. Enchiladas montadas (stacked enchiladas) are a New Mexico variation in which corn tortillas are fried flat until softened (but not tough) then stacked with red or green sauce, chopped onion and shredded cheese between the layers and on top of the stack.
These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas include Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, green chile enchilada sauce, sour How to Make Chicken Enchiladas: Making this chicken enchilada recipe is simple! Chicken: Use canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken and shred with fork. Our favorite red chili chicken enchiladas! You can have Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green
- You need 2 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbs of parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
All you need to make the enchiladas are corn tortillas, already cooked and shredded or chopped chicken meat, some grated melty cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack, and red chili enchilada sauce. Shredded Chicken is easy to make and very economical. It is also much healthier then prepared chicken that has already been shredded or diced. We just call them green enchiladas.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green instructions
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.
I will put a link below to you can find that recipe. Please like this video and share it with your friends and family. Shredded Chicken – using a rotisserie chicken here saves a lot of time and effort. Of course, if you don't like chicken, any filling you prefer would be the I'm always so torn when making enchiladas on whether to use red or green sauce. My husband likes red and I like green.