You can cook Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- You need 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- You need 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- You need of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..