Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad.
You can cook Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad
- Prepare 16 ounces of uncooked medium elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of ham, cubed.
- Prepare 6 of hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 14 ounces of crushed pineapple.
- Prepare 1 cup of Eden or Velveeta Cheese, cubed or sharp shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 1 piece of red bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad instructions
- In a pot over medium heat, bring about 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions for about 8 to 9 minutes or until firm to bite. Drain well and allow to cool completely..
- In a pot, add chicken meat and enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain from the liquid, allow to completely cool and shred. Set aside..
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add diced carrots and cook for about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove from water and plunge into an ice bath until completely cool. Drain and set aside..
- Arrange Macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken and garlic powder. Toss..
- Add carrots, ham, eggs, crushed pineapple including packing juice, cheese, sweet pickle relish, bell pepper, onions, mayonnaise, and sweetened condensed milk. Gently stir together until evenly distributed..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to cool completely and to allow flavors to meld..