Amy's Simple Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her.
I don't know about anyone else but I hate to. Shepherds Pie from The Studio Kitchen. The Best Homemade Shepherds Pie: Easy Simple Shepherds Pie Recipe. You can cook Amy's Simple Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amy's Simple Shepherds Pie
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of 16oz. jar of beef gravy.
- You need 1 large of onion, diced.
- You need 1 box of sour cream & onion instant mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 box of cheese flavored instant mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 of 12oz. package of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of season salt.
- It’s 3 large of eggs, beatened.
Shepherd's pie, also known as cottage pie is a meat pie topped with mashed potatoes. In some cases, there may be a crust in place of the mashed potatoes. A healthier version of a classic comfort food – Simple Shepherds Pie With Turkey is a delicious and hearty recipe. This simple shepherd's pie is French Canadian style, with corn, sometimes called Pate Chinois.
Amy's Simple Shepherds Pie step by step
- Brown ground beef & season with season salt or to taste. Add onion 3/4 way cooking. Drain grease, add gravy & set aside..
- Prepare potatoes as directed on package. Mixing all packages together. When potatoes almost done, add 1/2 package of shredded cheese..
- In 13×9 in. pan, put meat on bottom & spread. Then add potatoes on top & spread..
- Take eggs & pour over top of potatoes. Poke holes in potatoes to get egg to help combine dish..
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top, cover with foil & bake for 30 minutes in a 375° preheated oven..
- Serve with a side of veggies. I use frozen mixed veggies, peas, corn, or carrots..
It's a little twist on shepherd's pie but it's simple, delicious and sticks to your ribs on a cold, wintry night! Leftovers (not typical in my house!) are even better as the flavors all blend nicely. Shepherds Pie With Ground Beef And Gravy Recipes. Shepherds Pie With Brown Gravy Recipes. Organic carrots, peas, potatoes and tofu simmered in a creamy, well-seasoned sauce inside a tender, flaky butter crust made from organic whole wheat flour.