Hearty Pumpkin Congee.
You can cook Hearty Pumpkin Congee using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hearty Pumpkin Congee
- You need 3/4 cup of rice.
- It’s 7 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 200 g of pork for different texture.
- You need 1/2 of small size pumpkin.
- It’s 5-6 of baby corn.
- It’s 4-6 of button portobellos.
- It’s 3 of shitake mushrooms.
- You need of White pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pickled mustard, 榨菜.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Chicken oil or cooked oil.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Corn starch.
Hearty Pumpkin Congee step by step
- Wash and freeze rice. Yes, freezer to accelerate cooking afterwards. Can even make congee for dinner after a long day at work..
- Soak shitake mushrooms..
- Add 7 cups of water, and rice together. 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil..
- Turn heat down to rolling boil when covered (small opening to prevent boil over if tight lid). Boil for 40 minutes, stir occasionally, more so towards the end..
- Cut chicken thighs into long narrow strips, 3mm wide x thickness of the thigh. Marinate with soy sauce, white pepper and touch of sesame oil..
- Cut pork into 2x2mm strips, or mince. Marinate with salt, soy sauce, corn starch, touch of cooking oil..
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2 inch cubes. (Smaller if prefer to have more dissolved) Add to congee after 20 minute boil..
- Cut baby corn length-wise into 8ths, then in half..
- Cut shitake mushrooms, pickled mustard, and button portobellos mushrooms into thin strips..
- After boiling the congee for 40 minutes (20 with the pumpkin), or until desired consistency. Add baby corn, shitake, portobellos, and pickled mustard..
- Turn up the heat to a medium-high for a strong boil. Add meats and quickly separate for even cooking. The meats will stop the boiling but will reboil quickly from the high heat. Once reboil turn heat off and cover for 3 minutes..
- Dress with chicken oil or cooked oil. Salt and white pepper to taste. Serve hot!.