Thai Coconut Chicken Curry.
You can have Thai Coconut Chicken Curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
- You need of Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only.
- Prepare 4 knobs of fresh turmeric, skin peeled.
- It’s 7 cloves of Garlic, skin peeled.
- It’s 1 of large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs.
- You need 3 of Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half.
- It’s 2 stalks of Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces.
- You need 5 of Thai green chilies.
- It’s 4 of Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise.
- You need 3 of boneless chicken thighs (skin on).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of curry paste.
- You need 1 1/4 of cup(ish) coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli tops.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- It’s Handful of Basil.
- It’s Squeeze of lime juice.
- It’s of Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well).
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry step by step
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin..
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste..
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste..
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color..
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes..
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness.
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through..
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!.