Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie. Easy, delicious and full of fab ingredients, this Lentil Shepherd's Pie is comfort food at its finest and the perfect way to celebrate organic food! Easy Peasy Foodie. easy, delicious, stress-free, family food. Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie with ground beef, corn, boiled potatoes, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. You can have Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 2 can of Corn.
- You need 2 cup of Mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 small of Can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of Butter.
Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. This easy peasy shepherd's pie is a great recipe for quick but tasty comfort food and serves about four. I actually find chopping to be quite therapeutic, but.
Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook ground beef in frying pan. Once cooked, stir in tomato sauce. Let simmer..
- Cook mashed potatoes with butter and chicken broth..
- Drain corn..
- In a casserole dish, place ground beef on the bottom. Next, spread two cans of corn. Lastly, spread the mashed potatoes on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Top it with the cheesy mashed potatoes. Bake until the meat is bubbling and the potatoes are golden. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.