Chicken in orange sauce. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce. The ultimate Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe which is way better than take-out. My kids are always begging me to take them to grab Chinese food.
Ingredients of Chicken in orange sauce
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of zucchini, grated.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of juice and zest of 1 orange.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 oz of orange liqueur (Cointreau).
- It’s 1 oz of brandy.
We tried to make Original Orange Chicken by Panda Express and this turned out really good. It tastes more like Chinese sweet and sour chicken but slightly. Make this beautiful orange sauce for chicken recipe for a quick, healthy and delicious dinner! And that is a problem, because I have a really hard time now in choosing those recipes.
Chicken in orange sauce step by step
- Heat up oil in a saucepan and add grated zucchini, chopped onion, and orange zest. Saute on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until fragrant..
- Add the diced chicken and sear for 3 minutes, making sure no raw spots remain on the surface..
- Add orange liqueur and brandy, cover and let cook for 4-6 minutes..
- Add orange juice and let cook uncovered for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Serve immediately with your preferred sides (here, we used simple steamed rice)..
And beyond adding orange sauce to chicken, it can also be added to duck, steak, pork or any protein you choose. If you are looking for orange sauce recipes, you may also stumble across a few that are recommended to put over waffles or pancakes as a breakfast treat. Original Orange Chicken By Panda Express. My end result tasted exactly like Panda Express. Chicken breast is used to make crispy deep-fried chicken coated in a batter, with a sweet, tangy and savory orange sauce.