taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie. Double-up two favorites, with sloppy Joe flavor from prepared sauce jazzing up ground beef and instant mashed potatoes adding a crowning touch. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef.
My friend, Sarah, made this for me years ago and I just had to have the recipe. Since then, my mom and sisters have added it to their meal plans as well. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Shepherd's Pie. You can cook taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans.
- It’s 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 can of carrots. I didn't have corn so I used peas and carrots.
- Prepare 1 of instant mashed potatoes. I only had 2 cups left so made do with what I had.
- You need 1 of milk for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of butter for the potatoes.
- It’s 1 of water for the potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of half a block of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 2 can of of tomatoe soup.
- You need 1 of half a small can of tomato paste and about half a can of water. I improvised since I only had 2 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 dash of of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of few dashes of salt.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of few dashes of onion powder.
- You need 1 of basil to your taste.
Easy Shepherd's Pie combines everything yummy — mashed potatoes, savory ground beef and sweet veggies — all in one hot, delicious dish. Juhi, a DaVita dietitian from California, grew up in England and has created an easy-to-make, kidney-friendly recipe of this traditional British meal that. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling While Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb, beef is just as tasty in this recipe.
taisen's sloppy easy shepherds pie step by step
- cook your hamburger in a frying pan with all of the dry seasonings until no longer pink. drain the grease..
- in the frying pan add in 1 can of tomato soup. then add in the hamburger..
- add in your drained veggies. mix.
- preheat oven to 350.
- add in second. can of tomato soup. mix. if it isn't enough sauce add in another can of tomato soup or do what I did and add in tomato paste and some water. mix. keep on low heat. taste. add extra of any seasoning if needed.
- make the instant mashed potatoes or you can do your own. if you do that start them before your hamburger..
- if the cheese is not shredded then shread that. I used half a block so I am not sure but I think it was maybe half a cup to a cup of cheese.
- take everything off heat when your ready to combine..
- in a casserole dish put the meat and veggie mix into it. then add the shredded cheese on top of that. then put your potatoes on top..
- bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or just until the potatoes are turning a golden brown.
- pull it out. let it sit for 5 minutes. then serve. enjoy.
This is a timeless classic – make this once and you'll make it. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best If you have leftovers, this is the perfect opportunity to repurpose them. If you don't, then yes, you need to make them. But it's insanely easy, and our recipe.