Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. These chicken breasts are stuffed with a mixture of sharp Cheddar cheese, broccoli, and rice, and may just remind you of a deliciously, cheesy bowl of broccoli and cheese soup. Tender Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli, parmesan, cheddar, and cream cheese. This quick flavor-packed meal is bursting with flavor and texture and makes a delicious low-carb dinner.
Place a bit of steamed broccoli and a bit of cheese Loved this recipe! The sauce came together nicely and quickly- I kinda want to use it on everything now hehe, plus I really liked the broccoli stuffed inside. How to make broccoli stuffed chicken: First, grab your trimmed chicken breasts and cut a deep pocket into each breast. You can cook Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless or skin on. I personally like the crunch the broiler gives the skin).
- You need 1 1/2 of broccoli chopped (this will work with one package of frozen broccoli as well.
- Prepare 1 packages of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- You need 1 each of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of chicken seasoning.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (divided).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, oregano and soul seasoning.
Spoon the cheese mixture into the pocket you created in each chicken breast. Now for the good part – grab some bacon and cut each slice in half. You can stuff chicken breasts with anything you can think of! Place the cheese and broccoli 'packet' in the center of a flattened chicken breast, then wrap the chicken around it, securing the edges of the chicken together with toothpicks.
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- If using boneless skinless chicken Butterfly and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Bone in: Slice chicken half way through and leave the bottom in tact (it should look like a boat).
- Brush outer layer of chicken with olive oil and season with chicken seasoning and pepper, set aside.
- Slice onion, broccoli and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in the butter until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper, oregano and soul seasoning.
- Remove veggie mixture from skillet to deep bowl for stirring. Add half the cheddar cheese and half the Italian cheese to veggie mixture and stir until well blended.
- Carefully and equally stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture be sure to leave open side up.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheddar cheese on top of chicken breasts followed by remainder of Italian cheese you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken "boats" closed but be sure to remove them all before eating.
- Season the top of the chicken with a dash of Weber garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour (or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, depending on thickness) drain juice from pan.
- Turn oven off and Turn broiler on high and broil for the last 10-15 minutes checking constantly as broilers are quick to burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
It will depend on how large your chicken breasts are. Don't worry about trying to stuff in more that can fit into your chicken. chicken stuffed with broccoli & cheese-. I really enjoy recipes where you take chicken breast and stuff it with different ingredients. Other than this stuffed chicken I am sharing today, I love the Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce I already have posted. It will depend on how large your chicken breasts are.