Chicken Momos/dumpling. Hello foodies.today's recipe is Steamed Chicken Momos/Dumpling for kids by Tiffin box Chicken momos are perfect anytime in any weather. These steaming momos when paired with spicy momo chutney is a combination, to die for.
Dumplings have their origin in Chinese cuisine and Chinese dumplings are prepared by filling the dough skin with chicken, meat, fish, shrimps and vegetables and then steamed. Momo (dumplings) is one of Nepal's most popular dishes which can be eaten as an entree or as mains. Chicken Momos Recipe is a delicious and simple momos recipe filled with juicy minced chicken. You can have Chicken Momos/dumpling using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Momos/dumpling
- It’s of Momos dough.
- You need 1 cup of refined flour/moida.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need As required of Water as per required.
- You need 1 tsp of oil or white vinegar.
- It’s of Chicken filling.
- It’s 1 cup of green onion (chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander leaves (chopped).
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic-ginger paste.
- Prepare 300 of gmd chicken minced.
- It’s of Momos chutney.
- Prepare 4-5 of tomatoes (cut into half).
- It’s 2 of dried red chilli.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of peanuts.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s of Momos soup.
- It’s 1 of Chopped onions.
- It’s As required of Chopped spring onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped garlic-ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced chicken.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
The fillings for these momos are quite simple and light. Serve this momos along with chilli garlic sauce. Chicken Dumplings are packed with juicy chicken, tender vegetables, garlic and ginger. Also referred to as Nepalese Momo, and quite similar to Chinese chicken dumplings, they're the perfect hors.
Chicken Momos/dumpling instructions
- Knead the dough using refined flour, sugar, vinegar or oil and salt. Dough has to be semi soft. Keep aside to rest for 30 mins..
- Meanwhile to make filling in a mixing bowl ads all the ingredients and mix well..
- Once the dough has finished resting, lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough into medium size thin disk. Stuff the filling into it, give the desired shape to momo and keep aside..
- Steam the momos for 15 mins in the streamer..
- Remove and serve immediately with momo chutney..
- For momos chutney heat oil in pan add tomatoes, red chilies, salt and water. Allow it to cook for 5-6 mins..
- Meanwhile in another pan dry roast peanuts, coriander seed for 2-3mins..
- Into a blender add tomatoes along with it's remaining water, peanuts mixture garlic cloves and blend it into a small paste..
- Serve this chutney with Momos..
Making Momos(Dumplings): Place a tablespoon of the prepared filling in the center of each rolled out circle. Momos can be steamed as well as deep fried. We prefer steaming over deep-frying because when you steam a momo, it makes for a healthy as well as a luscious mouthful of goodness. Chinese chicken dumplings with ground chicken and vegetables filling. Homemade dumplings are healthy and easy to make and perfect as a light meal or appetizer.